July 19, 2011

High up flowers


Catalpa flowers. These photos are a bit old, about a month or so, when the tree was still in bloom. Right now the flowers are gone and the tree is full of long and slender beans, its fruits I guess (don't take my word for it, though, like I said in a previous post, I'm not exactly a botanist). I like this tree's flowers. For me it's odd how they look like orchids but they grow up in a tree. Still beautiful, though.
This tree grows in North America and East Asia so it's definitely an exotic tree for an Eastern European region, but I guess that's one of the reasons I find it fascinating. If your wondering, though, where do I have these exotic plants in my garden, well, I have an aunt that is a horticulturist and she always brings us these type of uncommon and unheard of plants as gifts. I like it, it's broadening my horizons.
Now, with no further ado, enjoy the catalpa.



No comments:

Post a Comment